-   -   How can I test when any worksheet within a workbook is selected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287909-how-can-i-test-when-any-worksheet-within-workbook-selected.html)

Peter McNaughton

How can I test when any worksheet within a workbook is selected

Hi
Is there a function out there to do this?
Reason: I want to restrict groups of users so they can only see the
sheets that are relevant to their job. If they move to a sheet they
are restricted from seeing I want to make it invisible and return them
to a sheet that all users can access.

I can do this if I put code into each worksheet but was hoping there
might be a more central way of doing it.

Peter

pikus

How can I test when any worksheet within a workbook is selected

Here’s what I’m thinking:

You could use something like this:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
pwd = InputBox("Please enter password.")
If pwd = "secret" Then
Worksheets(2).Visible = -1
Else
Worksheets(2).Visible = 2

Which will ask for a password when the file is opened and based on tha
password you could have a series of ElseIf statements asking for th
various passwords. Setting .Visible = 2 makes the Sheet “Very Hidden
and no one will be able to tell it’s even there and setting it to –
makes it visible. You could then go to Tools-VBAProject Properties i
the VBA Editor and lock the project for viewing and protect that with
password.
I’m sure you could create your own form with a password field tha
masks input, but the rest of this could be perfect for what you want

Peter McNaughton

How can I test when any worksheet within a workbook is selected

Hi
Thanks but it's not what I am after. When any worksheet within a
workbook is activated I would like to be able to trap which one it is
and if necessary make the visible property = false.

Note: I am using the username to determine who is able to see what
sheet.

I have about 10 worksheets that I want to be able to control in this
way (and about 400 workbooks).

Peter