-   -   Bmp vs Gif in Userform image controls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287866-bmp-vs-gif-userform-image-controls.html)

Sandy-V[_2_]

Bmp vs Gif in Userform image controls

On my userform I have a number of images in image
controls. These lend themselves well to gif format, so to
save file size and file load time I converted all from bmp
to gif.

However the time between "Load Userform1" and the first
line in UserForm_Activate has increased tenfold, from 0.05
to 0.5 seconds. I assume this is due to uncompressing
images from gif to bmp.

I would be interested to know if anyone has any tips as to
how I might keep my images in gif format but reduce form
load time.

A bit more info:
Only one image control is ever Visible at a time, and none
when the form is first loaded. If images were loaded or
copied(?) to image controls when first called by the user,
the time would be inconsequential. The form includes
mouse over and click code for the images. xl97.

TIA,
Sandy
savituk yahoo co uk