-   -   Any way to "Save As" without setting the archive bit on original file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287822-any-way-save-without-setting-archive-bit-original-file.html)

inaz[_2_]

Any way to "Save As" without setting the archive bit on original file

I use a program that sends new or modified files, then clears the
archive bit. My problem is that if I modify the master file and do a
"Save As", Excel sets the Archive bit on the original file - even
though the original file was not modified. I thought I may need to use
some programming to correct this behavior. THANKS

---

mudraker[_99_]

Any way to "Save As" without setting the archive bit on original file

I don't know if you can stop excel from setting the Attribs but you ca
change them after doing a saveas

This example uses the SetAttr statement to set attributes for a file.

SetAttr "TESTFILE", vbHidden ' Set hidden attribute.
SetAttr "TESTFILE", vbHidden + vbReadOnly ' Set hidden and read-only
' attributes

inaz[_4_]

Any way to "Save As" without setting the archive bit on original file