-   -   How to pars non-ascii (e.g Korean) strings? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287785-how-pars-non-ascii-e-g-korean-strings.html)

Douglas Gennetten

How to pars non-ascii (e.g Korean) strings?

I am trying to convert strings into a character list of Unicode values. For
example,

"NULL" converts to " 0x004E, 0x0055, 0x004C, 0x004C, 0 "

I have this working fine for ASCII strings (see below) but need to do the
same for Asian languages. How can I do this for all languages?

Thanks,

Douglas Gennetten

---

I created the following function to do this conversion by pulling out one
character at a time from the string and doing an operation on that character
to get the ascii equivalent.

Function HEXEDASCII(asciiString As String) As String
Const COMMA As String = ","
Dim i As Long
Dim sOut As String
For i = 1 To Len(asciiString)

If ((i - 1) Mod 8 = 0) Then sOut = sOut & vbCrLf & " "
sOut = sOut & "0x" & _
Right("0000" & Hex(Asc(Mid(asciiString, i, 1))), 4) _

& COMMA & " "
Next i
HEXEDASCII = sOut & "0" & vbCrLf

End Function

Douglas Gennetten[_2_]

How to pars non-ascii (e.g Korean) strings? -- Double-Byte Equivalents to Ascii Functions????

make that "parse" :-|

What are the double-byte equivalents of these ascii functions?

---