-   -   ScrollArea Property Won't Save (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287648-re-scrollarea-property-wont-save.html)

Ron de Bruin

ScrollArea Property Won't Save

This setting will not remain after closing the file.
Place a code line in the Workbook open event to set it
each time when you open the workbook

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "B1:B45"

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Phil Hageman" wrote in message ...
In the VB editor, I am typing B1:B45 in the ScrollArea
property to restrict users to that area. After saving,
closing, and reopining, the typed B1:B45 is not there, and
users can still click outside the desired area. Worksheet
is not protected.

Can someone tell me the problem?

Thanks, Phil

Phil Hageman[_3_]

ScrollArea Property Won't Save

Ron, thanks for your reply - looks straignt forward.

I am using the following Auto_Open() Sub. Could this line,
or one like it be inserted it this code?

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayFullScreen = True

For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
ws.Select
Application.Goto ws.Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
End If
Next

Worksheets("Customer").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 66
Worksheets("Financial").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 66
Worksheets("Learning and Growth").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 66
Worksheets("Internal Business Process").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 66
Worksheets("Scorecard").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 68

ThisWorkbook.Colors(7) = RGB(255, 124, 128)
Application.AutoPercentEntry = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

.