-   -   Accumulating elapsed time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287537-accumulating-elapsed-time.html)

ChrisJForeman

Accumulating elapsed time

Can anyone tell me how to accumulate durations in hours and minutes using the
general workbook? If I use the hmm or hhmm formats or any of the time formats,
the value rolls over on 24 hours - thus, 25 hours becomes 1 hour - and I don't
want this.

TIA

Chris

Niek Otten

Accumulating elapsed time

Format as [hh]:mm

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ChrisJForeman" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to accumulate durations in hours and minutes using

the
general workbook? If I use the hmm or hhmm formats or any of the time

formats,
the value rolls over on 24 hours - thus, 25 hours becomes 1 hour - and I

don't
want this.

TIA

Chris

Clay Watson

Accumulating elapsed time

Hello, Niek Otten and any other Excel afficionados out there! That was
a clever solution to the elapsed time calculation question you provided.
Could I ask about a somewhat different scenario?

Instead of Excel, my situation is in Access. I have two date/time
fields, one for Start and one for Finish. I am trying to calculate net
workday work hours. If a trouble ticket is not resolved (Finish) on the
same day, I need to calculate how many 8a-5p Mon-Fri workday hours
elapsed.

Looks like Excel has a NetWorkday function. Would it be easiest for me
to import my Access data into Excel, and attempt to use Excel? THANK
YOU.
..Clay