-   -   FileSystemObject CopyFile with UserID/Password (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287105-filesystemobject-copyfile-userid-password.html)

Tod[_3_]

FileSystemObject CopyFile with UserID/Password

I have a shared folder mapped on my computer. Access to
the shared folder requires an UserID/Password.

I have this code that will copy a file from my computer to
the shared folder. My objective is to have the code run
when I am not logged in.

Sub CopyUpdateToFolder()

Dim filesys
Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If filesys.FileExists("C:\View\Sample Report.xls") Then
filesys.CopyFile "C:\View\Sample
Report.xls", "\\OtherServer\View\Sample Report.xls"

As long as I'm sitting here logged in to my computer and
to the shared folder, this code works. However when I am
not logged in, the code is going to fail because it does
not supply the UserID/Password for the shared folder.

How do I pass this information in the code.

Thanx,
tod