-   -   Filename with current Date() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287077-re-filename-current-date.html)

Chip Pearson

Filename with current Date()

Use the Format function to format the current date in to an
acceptable format. E.g.,

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Data_" & Format(Date, "mm_dd_yyyy") & ".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"toothfish__" wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I am trying to compile a simple procedure that will name
and save the current workbook with a filename that
includes the system date. But my code is generating a
compile error, please can you review below and let me know
where I am going wrong? thanks,

===

ChDir _
"C:\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Data_"&Date()&".xls" _
, FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="",
WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
ActiveWindow.Close

===

toothfish__

Filename with current Date()

thanks Chip, this is great it works perfectly.

.