-   -   User selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287046-user-selection.html)

Samir[_2_]

User selection

Hi Everyone,
Need some help to finish a project. The procedure requests
user to select a column in a worksheet by either selecting
the entire column or just selecting a single cell in that
column. The idea is that once selection is made, data
would be generated from that column. However, I am not
sure how do I determine which column in the work sheet was
selected by the user. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

rog

User selection

Try something like this :

Set rngSelection = Application.InputBox( _
Prompt:="Select cell(s) (use CTRL key to select
more than one)", _
Title:="your title", _
Default:=ActiveCell.Address, _
Type:=8)

this will return a range object after the user has
selected something

Rgds

Rog

Need some help to finish a project. The procedure

requests
user to select a column in a worksheet by either

selecting
the entire column or just selecting a single cell in that
column. The idea is that once selection is made, data
would be generated from that column. However, I am not
sure how do I determine which column in the work sheet

was
selected by the user. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

.

Tom Ogilvy

User selection

ActiveCell.Column

Tom Ogilvy

"Samir" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
Need some help to finish a project. The procedure requests
user to select a column in a worksheet by either selecting
the entire column or just selecting a single cell in that
column. The idea is that once selection is made, data
would be generated from that column. However, I am not
sure how do I determine which column in the work sheet was
selected by the user. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Chip Pearson

User selection

Samir,

If you want just the column number, use code like

Dim ColNum As Integer
ColNum = ActiveCell.Column

If you want a Range reference to the column, use

Dim ColRng As Range
Set ColRng = ActiveCell.EntireColumn
' or
Set ColRng = Application.Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange,
ActiveCell.EntireColumn)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson