Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Slow Looping

I'm trying to over come a problem of slow looping, I have 2 sheets both of
which have about 32,000 rows when I use a macro with loops it takes for ever
to find the entries that are on one sheet but not on another. I have tried
the formala below and have tried to adapt it to suit my needs but can not
get it to work. My two sheets have two columns and both of them havve to
match. In the example below I need to isolate the row with the xxxxxx
beside it. I has invoice numbers that are on the other sheet and the same
amount but the combination of invoice number and amount is unique. All the
other pairs have a match on the other sheet. Any help would be greatly
appreciatied.

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,B1)=0,B1,"")

sheet1 sheet 2

inv number amount invoice no amount

104546 $ 250.25 154265 $ 4,625.00
451567 $ 1,000.25 254256 $ 1,456.45
254256 $ 1,456.45 451567 $ 25.60
451453 $ 65,452.00 XXXXXXX 154265 $ 25.60 XXXXX
654245 $ 450.96 451453 $ 65,452.00
324154 $ 6,542.25 654245 $ 450.96
154265 $ 4,625.00 104546 $ 250.25
451567 $ 25.60 324154 $ 6,542.25