-   -   Input Box Cancel Button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286996-input-box-cancel-button.html)

rickylee

Input Box Cancel Button

Set myRange = Application.InputBox(prompt := "Sample",
type := 8)
I'm using VBA to have someone chose a cell range in an
excel program. The above statement was provided in the VBA
help menu under "input box". The input box works just fine
when you pick a cell and press OK. However this input box
also has a cancel button which returns "FALSE". As such
when you press CANCEL, the "Set" portion is looking for a
range input and it gets FALSE and gives a "type mismatch
error." Any way of fixing this??

Chip Pearson

Input Box Cancel Button

Try something like the following:

Dim MyRange As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set MyRange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Test", Type:=8)
If MyRange Is Nothing Then
' user didn't select a range
Else
' user selected a range

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"rickylee" wrote in message
Set myRange = Application.InputBox(prompt := "Sample",
type := 8)
I'm using VBA to have someone chose a cell range in an
excel program. The above statement was provided in the VBA
help menu under "input box". The input box works just fine
when you pick a cell and press OK. However this input box
also has a cancel button which returns "FALSE". As such
when you press CANCEL, the "Set" portion is looking for a
range input and it gets FALSE and gives a "type mismatch
error." Any way of fixing this??

Ricky Lee

Input Box Cancel Button

Thank You Very Much! The "On Error Resume Next" plus
the "IF" statement did the trick.

RLE

.