-   -   CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286938-csv-comma-separated-values-delimiter.html)

Lisa Pearlson

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

Hi,

My app exports data in CSV format, using comma separated values.
A .csv file is associated with Excel by default and clicking on it opens it
up in Excel.
However, the delimiter depends on regional settings.
Using a comma when regional settings are for the Netherlands, fails because
it expects a semicolon then.
For USA it is a comma.

This information should be stored somewhere in the windows registry.
Can anyone tell me where I can find what delimiter is being used on that PC?

Lisa

Jim Rech

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

Can anyone tell me where I can find what delimiter is being used on that
PC?

Application.International(xlColumnSeparator)

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Tom Ogilvy

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

It is a Windows setting.
in the Windows control panel (under Start=Settings=Control Panel), look in
the Regional Settings icon. In the Numbers tab, look at the List Separator
character.

Tom Ogilvy

"Lisa Pearlson" wrote in message

My app exports data in CSV format, using comma separated values.
A .csv file is associated with Excel by default and clicking on it opens

it
up in Excel.
However, the delimiter depends on regional settings.
Using a comma when regional settings are for the Netherlands, fails

because
it expects a semicolon then.
For USA it is a comma.

This information should be stored somewhere in the windows registry.
Can anyone tell me where I can find what delimiter is being used on that

PC?

Lisa

Tom Ogilvy

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

Disregard - thought you wanted to change it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
[...]

CheckAbdoul

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

The settings is based on indivudual user. Try

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
Name: sList
--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Lisa Pearlson" wrote in message

My app exports data in CSV format, using comma separated values.
A .csv file is associated with Excel by default and clicking on it opens

it
up in Excel.
However, the delimiter depends on regional settings.
Using a comma when regional settings are for the Netherlands, fails

because
it expects a semicolon then.
For USA it is a comma.

This information should be stored somewhere in the windows registry.
Can anyone tell me where I can find what delimiter is being used on that

PC?

Lisa

Lisa Pearlson

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

Not using VB but VC++. I really want to fetch this from the windows registry
myself. I'm pretty sure it's there somewhere.
Not sure where the regional settings are stored in the windows registry.

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me where I can find what delimiter is being used on that

PC?

Application.International(xlColumnSeparator)

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Lisa Pearlson

CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

Thanks!