-   -   How do I display text in a (popup) window? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286917-how-do-i-display-text-popup-window.html)

Rick[_19_]

How do I display text in a (popup) window?

I need to display some usage instructions when the user
clicks on a "how to use" button.

I can map the button to a macro, but how do I make excel
popup a window to display the desired text?

I looked at pivottables and forms but neither look like
the correct approach. Any thoughts?

~Rick

Michael Kintner[_3_]

How do I display text in a (popup) window?

Use the Msgbox on Button press

Example:

msgbox "This is the direction"

msgbox Range("d10").Value

"Rick" wrote in message
I need to display some usage instructions when the user
clicks on a "how to use" button.

I can map the button to a macro, but how do I make excel
popup a window to display the desired text?

I looked at pivottables and forms but neither look like
the correct approach. Any thoughts?

~Rick

patrick molloy

How do I display text in a (popup) window?

if you design a userform eith the text etc for your
instructions, then you can create a procedure to show it

eg add a userform and call it frmInstructions
in a standard module add this procedure
PUBLIC SUB ShowInstructions()
frmInstructions.Show
END SUB