-   -   Common Dialog Error ! (Please Help me ! urgently) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286733-common-dialog-error-please-help-me-urgently.html)

Michael Xu

Common Dialog Error ! (Please Help me ! urgently)

I trying to add a commondialog control into my VBA form in excel, but it show an error message
"The control could not be created because it is notproperly licensed." I have installed Microsoft Office Xp(sp2) and Microsoft Visual Studio.net 2002
and my platform is Microsoft Windows Server 2000 (sp4) . I have tried unregister comdlg32.ocx and register it again,but it did not take effect
How can I resolve this problem ,thanks !

Tom Ogilvy

Common Dialog Error ! (Please Help me ! urgently)

If you are trying to show the fileopen/saveas dialogs use
application.GetOpenfileName
and/or
Application.GetSaveAsFilename

see excel vba help for details.