-   -   extend vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286709-extend-vlookup.html)

Noctos[_9_]

extend vlookup

I have a table 7 columns wide and i wish to extract the information from
6 columns using information given on the first column. a sought of
extended v lookup

---

Dan E[_3_]

extend vlookup

Noctos,

You can use an array entered VLOOKUP to return multiple columns
If your original vlookup was something like
for the first value =VLOOKUP(A25,A1:G5,2,FALSE)
for the second value =VLOOKUP(A25,A1:G5,3,FALSE)
for the third =VLOOKUP(A25,A1:G5,4,FALSE)
etc....

You can select a range of 6 cells and put in:
=VLOOKUP(A25,A1:G5,{2,3,4,5,6,7},FALSE)
array enter (control + shift + enter)
if done properly {} braces will appear around the formula
and all 6 cells will recieve values.

{=VLOOKUP(A25,A1:G5,{2,3,4,5,6,7},FALSE)}

Dan E