-   -   negative value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286649-negative-value.html)

huhnjoe

negative value

I have created a soreadsheet with a field called 'Less 15% Reserve'.
want it to calculate the 15% amount based only if a positive numbe
appears in the cell used for calculation, not if that amount is
negative amount. How do I create the formula that would leave the cel
at a '0' if in fact the calculator cell is a negative number?

Please help!

Thanks & Happy New Year

Jo

Attachment filename: summary log.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=39479

Bob Phillips[_6_]

negative value

Joe,

Try this formula

=(A10)*A1*15%

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"huhnjoe" wrote in message
I have created a soreadsheet with a field called 'Less 15% Reserve'. I
want it to calculate the 15% amount based only if a positive number
appears in the cell used for calculation, not if that amount is a
negative amount. How do I create the formula that would leave the cell
at a '0' if in fact the calculator cell is a negative number?

Please help!

Thanks & Happy New Year

Joe

Attachment filename: summary log.xls
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=394790
---

Tom Ogilvy

negative value

=Max(0,A1*.15)

or
=if(A10,A1*.15,0)

Tom Ogilvy

huhnjoe wrote in message
I have created a soreadsheet with a field called 'Less 15% Reserve'. I
want it to calculate the 15% amount based only if a positive number
appears in the cell used for calculation, not if that amount is a
negative amount. How do I create the formula that would leave the cell
at a '0' if in fact the calculator cell is a negative number?

Please help!

Thanks & Happy New Year

Joe

Attachment filename: summary log.xls
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=394790
---

Gord Dibben

negative value

Joe

=IF(J7<=0,0,J7*0.15)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:04:05 -0600, huhnjoe
wrote:

I have created a soreadsheet with a field called 'Less 15% Reserve'. I
want it to calculate the 15% amount based only if a positive number
appears in the cell used for calculation, not if that amount is a
negative amount. How do I create the formula that would leave the cell
at a '0' if in fact the calculator cell is a negative number?

Please help!

Thanks & Happy New Year

Joe

Attachment filename: summary log.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=394790
---

Henry[_5_]

negative value

Joe,

Simplest answer

= A1*0.85

zero * 0.85 is still zero
100% - 15% is 85%

HTH
Henry

"huhnjoe" wrote in message
I have created a soreadsheet with a field called 'Less 15% Reserve'. I
want it to calculate the 15% amount based only if a positive number
appears in the cell used for calculation, not if that amount is a
negative amount. How do I create the formula that would leave the cell
at a '0' if in fact the calculator cell is a negative number?

Please help!

Thanks & Happy New Year

Joe

Attachment filename: summary log.xls
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=394790
---

Tom Ogilvy

negative value

85% of -100 is -85
So while it may be simple, it isn't the solution asked for I don't believe.

How do I create the formula that would leave the cell
at a '0' if in fact the calculator cell is a negative number?

Tom Ogilvy

Henry wrote in message
Joe,

Simplest answer