Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default offset problems

Just when I thought I was getting better at using VBA I get stuck o
something that I'm sure should be simple :( :

in my spreadsheet I have a macro called "addrow" which adds a bordere
area of 6 rows and 7 columns to the bottom of the current table. Thi
macro uses a cell named "insertpoint" so that it knows where to inser
the copied area.

The First area covers A2:G7, the second covers A8:G13 and so on. Eac
existing area is numbered in it's second row, in column A (thus th
A2:G7 area is numbered "1" in cell A3, the A8:G13 area is numbered "2
in cell A9 etc).

All I want to know is, how do I modify the existing code t
automatically enter this number in a newly added area? I know i
should be a case of using offset to find the last used value and th
cell in which to place this same value +1, but how???

The code so far is:-

Sub addrow()
'
Sheets("Row Template").Range("A1:G6").Copy
Sheets("Quote").Range("insertpoint").Insert Shift:=xlDown
Sheets("Quote").PageSetup.PrintArea
"$A$1:(offset(insertpoint,1,6))"

End Sub

I think it should be change to something like:-

Sub addrow()
'
Sheets("Row Template").Range("A1:G6").Copy
Sheets("Quote").Range("insertpoint").Insert Shift:=xlDown
Sheets("Quote").offset(insertpoint,-5,0).value
(offset(insertpoint,-11,0).value)+1
Sheets("Quote").PageSetup.PrintArea
"$A$1:(offset(insertpoint,1,6))"

End Sub

...but this produces the error "sub or function not defined". Am
making a syntax error??? HELP