-   -   Installing Files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286325-installing-files.html)

Todd Huttenstine[_2_]

Installing Files

Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine

Eric[_14_]

Installing Files

Search the internet for a program called installmaker. You
should be able to find a copy that you can download out
there somewhere. It will allow you to make an installation
program that will allow you to place files in
predetermined directories.

I have some files that I would like to install in various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this

function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine
.

Todd Huttenstine[_2_]

Installing Files

Thank you

[...]

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Installing Files

If you're serious, try a commercial product like InstallShield.
If it's relatively simple install, then see if WinZip Self Extractor suits.

PS. You might want to ask in a different group for a better answer.

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine

Todd Huttenstine[_2_]

Installing Files

Like what groups?

wrote in message
Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in

various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup

program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this

function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine

.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Installing Files

Todd

Put
free installer application
into a Google search and see if there is anything good there.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in

various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup

program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this

function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine

.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Installing Files

You may want to take a look at the way Jan Karel Pieterse did it with the
namemanager utility.

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp

He has an installation workbook included in the zip file.

Todd Huttenstine wrote:

Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine

--

Dave Peterson

Jon Peltier[_5_]

Installing Files

Dave -

Good suggestion. Why have I waited until now to get the Name Manager?
And the installation routine is pretty straightforward, and could be
adaptable to Todd's needs.

I was going to suggest the Package and Deployment Wizard, if Todd has
the Office 2000+ Developer's Edition or VB6, but that's overkill for
just installing a few files.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Todd Huttenstine wrote:

Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine

Jan Karel Pieterse

Installing Files

Hi Jon,

Why have I waited until now to get the Name Manager

Exactly what I was wondering, why haven't you!

<g,d&r

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP