-   -   Excel 2000 Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286301-excel-2000-macro.html)

No Name

Excel 2000 Macro

How can I code a Macro to recognize keyboard inputs
without first using the Enter Key? For Example if I
enter "Col" I want a pop-up box to show previous Entries
which might be "Columbus", "Colorada", "Collingwood" The
Pop-up would be progressive with the letters entered. And
if there is a "Match" I want to select it. (IE does this
when I enter a URL.)
Thanks for any help.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Excel 2000 Macro

Useful macros won't run while you're still in the edit mode.

But there is an option you might want to try:
Tools|Options|Edit tab
Check "Enable Autocomplete for cell values"

It' uses the cells above to help complete the current cell.

Or you could use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar.
There's a .matchentry property that you can set to do what you want.

--

Dave Peterson