-   -   Determine if a cell has datavalidation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286239-determine-if-cell-has-datavalidation.html)

mohsinb[_13_]

Determine if a cell has datavalidation

Hi,

Is there anyway to determine if the cell has data validation defined ?.
Something similar to range.hasformula. I want to turn incelldropdown to
false if datavalidation is defined for the cell. I need this done to
prevent selection from the dropdown list of protected , locked cells
when the file has been opened in readonly.

Thank you.

---

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Determine if a cell has datavalidation

Sub testit()
Dim blnHasValidation As Boolean

On Error GoTo e
blnHasValidation = False
With ActiveCell.Validation: blnHasValidation = CBool(.Type = 0 Or .Type
< 0): End With
e: On Error GoTo 0

MsgBox blnHasValidation
End Sub

"mohsinb" wrote in message

Is there anyway to determine if the cell has data validation defined ?.
Something similar to range.hasformula. I want to turn incelldropdown to
false if datavalidation is defined for the cell. I need this done to
prevent selection from the dropdown list of protected , locked cells
when the file has been opened in readonly.

Thank you.

---

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Determine if a cell has datavalidation

After putting brain in gear.. here's another solution:

Sub testit()
Dim blnHasValidation As Boolean

With ActiveSheet
blnHasValidation = Not
Intersect(.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidat ion), ActiveCell) Is
Nothing
End With

MsgBox blnHasValidation
End Sub

"mohsinb" wrote in message

Is there anyway to determine if the cell has data validation defined ?.
Something similar to range.hasformula. I want to turn incelldropdown to
false if datavalidation is defined for the cell. I need this done to
prevent selection from the dropdown list of protected , locked cells
when the file has been opened in readonly.

Thank you.

---

mohsinb[_14_]

Determine if a cell has datavalidation

Thanks Rob.

I settled for a variation of the ''On Error" method to determine i
there is data validation for a cell. Works good. All set

Dana DeLouis[_3_]

Determine if a cell has datavalidation

I think this might be another way:

Function HasValidation(rng As Range) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
HasValidation = rng.Validation.AlertStyle
End Function

Debug.Print HasValidation(ActiveCell)
Debug.Print HasValidation(Range("B1"))

--