-   -   FileSearch using VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286197-filesearch-using-vba.html)

Mark[_31_]

FileSearch using VBA

Hello,

The problem that I am experiencing is that I am trying to
run macro with a file search loop, searching for .wav
files. The problem is that for some unkown reason
searching for sound files does not seem to be supported in
Excel 2002. I was hoping that someone may have a solution
to my problem.

When I look in the file types supported in Excel 2002. it
seems to support a wide variety, but nothing to do with
sound files. I cannot see if there are any references that
would need to be added as this function seems to be
supported in Excel 2000.

Kind regards
Mark

Tom Ogilvy

FileSearch using VBA

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\"
.SearchSubFolders = True
.FileName = ".wav"
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
End WithShould get your wav files. Although some have said FileSearch has
problems in xl2002. -- Regards,Tom Ogilvy"Mark" wrote in
message ...
Hello,

The problem that I am experiencing is that I am trying to
run macro with a file search loop, searching for .wav
files. The problem is that for some unkown reason
searching for sound files does not seem to be supported in
Excel 2002. I was hoping that someone may have a solution
to my problem.

When I look in the file types supported in Excel 2002. it
seems to support a wide variety, but nothing to do with
sound files. I cannot see if there are any references that
would need to be added as this function seems to be
supported in Excel 2000.

Kind regards
Mark

Taras

FileSearch using VBA

Below with find the files. Just change starting
location .

Sub test()
Set fs = Application.FileSearch

With fs
.LookIn = "C:\"
.Filename = "*.wav"
.SearchSubFolders = True
If .Execute(SortBy:=msoSortByFileName, _
SortOrder:=msoSortOrderAscending) 0 Then
MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count
& " file(s) found."
End If
End With

End Sub