-   -   Save As Boxes and VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286184-save-boxes-vba.html)

James Rose

Save As Boxes and VBA

Hello,

I am writing a small VBA projeact to download financial data.
Basically the code will open a new workbook, paste in some data, and
then close this workbook saving it as a text file. This process is then
in a loop, which eventually will save 7000 files.

The problem I am having is that when each of these files are closed
after they are saved a pop up box comes up asking if I would like to
save the file (although it is already saved). This is therefore causing
difficulties as I am having to press yes or no each time, and this is
defeating the point of the macro.

I there a way or piece of code to stop these boxes from appearing.

Many Thanks, and have a great Christmas

James

---

No Name

Save As Boxes and VBA

Place application.displayalerts = false at the top of your
macro and set it back to true and the very bottom. That
should solve it.

[...]

.

James Rose[_2_]

Save As Boxes and VBA

Thanks a lot, thats great - Have a good xmas.

---

Tom Ogilvy

Save As Boxes and VBA

Better would be to do