-   -   Right formating with an ident (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286172-right-formating-ident.html)

Yakimoto

Right formating with an ident

How can I format a number value to the right, but with an identation? I can
see that there is an ident only for left formating in the format cell.

Merry Christmas
Yakimoto

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Right formating with an ident

Format the cell with a custom format of (without quotes) "@ "
Just put as many spaces as you need.

"Yakimoto" wrote in message
How can I format a number value to the right, but with an identation? I

can
see that there is an ident only for left formating in the format cell.

Merry Christmas
Yakimoto

Tom Ogilvy

Right formating with an ident

Since you said the cell would contain a number, you would probably use:

#,##0____ ;-#,##0___)

as a custom number format.

Tom Ogilvy

"Yakimoto" wrote in message
How can I format a number value to the right, but with an identation? I

can
see that there is an ident only for left formating in the format cell.

Merry Christmas
Yakimoto

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Right formating with an ident

Quite right Tom, I should have been paying attention :-)