-   -   Retreiving info from a web page table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286110-retreiving-info-web-page-table.html)

Dave F[_4_]

Retreiving info from a web page table

Hi
Excel '97

I've written a routine that gets a table from a web page using a web query.
However, I don't want the table displayed in the work book, I just need to
extract a column or two of data.

Is there a better/quicker way of doing this?
I was wondering if it could be done using oledb/ado (of which I know very
little).

Any ideas would be welcome

TIA
Dave F.

Jake Marx[_3_]

Retreiving info from a web page table

Hi Dave,

Here's a thread that should get you started doing this programmatically:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...d.com&rnum =1

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com