Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enable and disable worksheet controls?

Hello,

Is there a way to disable worksheet controls? For
example, I have a sheet with a series of radio buttons and
check boxes. After some data is entered and the buttons
and check boxes are set, I'd like to disable them so thay
cannot be inadvertantly changed. I thought the lock and
protect features would address this, but it seems like
they do not effect the value of the control (only the
location and size and so forth).

In the end, I'd like a macro button on the sheet which
enables and disables particular controls based on the
value of a sepparate check box. I.e., the user sets the
check box to lock (box checked), and calls the macro (by
pressing a button) to disable particular controls and
fixing their values. Or, the user sets the check box to
unlock (box uncheched), and calls the macro to enable the
particular controls, allowing their values to be reset.

Thanks so much for your time!
William DeLeo