-   -   Can I edit .iqy file from code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285797-can-i-edit-iqy-file-code.html)

Nathan Gutman

Can I edit .iqy file from code?

Is there a way to edit an .iqy file from code before running the
actual Web Query?
For example when downloading stock prices which require a list of
stock symbols how could I edit the iqy file from an Excel macro before
actually using it.
I know that I can edit it manually using Notepad.

Thanks,
Nathan
One step forward and two steps backwards.

Tom Ogilvy

Can I edit .iqy file from code?

It is just a text file, so you can use low level file io

http://support.microsoft.com/support...eio/fileio.asp
File Access with Visual Basic® for Applications

Tom Ogilvy

"Nathan Gutman" wrote in message
Is there a way to edit an .iqy file from code before running the
actual Web Query?
For example when downloading stock prices which require a list of
stock symbols how could I edit the iqy file from an Excel macro before
actually using it.
I know that I can edit it manually using Notepad.

Thanks,
Nathan
One step forward and two steps backwards.

[email protected]

Can I edit .iqy file from code?

If you're querying Yahoo for stock quotes and want to see a file that
doesn't use .iqy files, then drop me an EMail and I'll send it to you.

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.