-   -   how to get hwnd from application object? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285577-how-get-hwnd-application-object.html)

Erwin Kalvelagen

how to get hwnd from application object?

Hi:

I am using Excel from another app using COM/OLE. I need
to bring the Excel window to the foreground. Is there any way
to the hWnd from the Application object? Now I use the
FindWindow API call to find the Excel window
but that is not foolproof.

Thanks, Erwin

Erwin Kalvelagen
GAMS Development Corp., http://www.gams.com
, http://www.gams.com/~erwin

Chip Pearson

how to get hwnd from application object?

Erwin,

In Excel 2002 and later, you can get the hWnd property directly
from the Application object. E.g.,

Dim XLHWnd As Long
XLHWnd = Application.Hwnd

In earlier versions, you need to use FindWindow on "XLMAIN".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

-
Erwin Kalvelagen
GAMS Development Corp., http://www.gams.com
, http://www.gams.com/~erwin

-

Erwin Kalvelagen

how to get hwnd from application object?

Ah, great, that explains it. I am running good old Excel 2000.
Thanks for the explanation!