Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Secure Workbook

Hi

I'm preparing an information-sensitive spreadsheet that will be sent out to our customers, and wish to protect the workbook from any deliberate/accidental changes

So I am placing the protection code within a Workbook_Activate() event. I have 3 main issues left

* I was wondering if there was piece of code that will automatically close the VB Editor if the current workbook is active. If not, the average user could simply run their own macro to, for example, enable some menu items that I've deliberately disabled. I have already reset the 'ALT + F11' key combo and disabled the Tools menu, but without this piece of code, users can simply open the VB Editor before opening my workbook, and then undo any protection there

* Is there a piece of code that will disable the 'Save' button on the 'Standard' toolbar? I've disabled the toolbar and reset all the Save key combos, but if the user makes a custom toolbar with the Save button on it, then they'll be able to save the workbook..

* Is there any way I can disable the User's custom Add-Ins (and then reactivate them when the workbook is deactivated). A clever user could think to assign their 'unprotect' macro as an add-in, and then run it on the workbook

I sound so pedantic don't I? =) Well, I hope there is code that will allow these to be done, and thankyou for helping me out

SuperJas.