-   -   Hiding and protecting sheet without crashing Excel! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285305-hiding-protecting-sheet-without-crashing-excel.html)

caroline

Hiding and protecting sheet without crashing Excel!

Hi,
I would like to hide a sheet and protect it at the same
time.
Excel crashes if I use the "hide" menu and then write the
following code in the Sub Workbook_Open():
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
.Protect Contents:=True, Password:="xxx",
DrawingObjects:=True, UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End With

Any suggestion? Thanks

pikus

Hiding and protecting sheet without crashing Excel!

Set the worksheet's .Visible = 2

That will make the sheet "Very" hdden. It won't even show up on th
unhide menu.

Does that work for you? - Piku

caroline

Hiding and protecting sheet without crashing Excel!

Wonderful! Thanks

That will make the sheet "Very" hdden. It won't even

show up on the
unhide menu.

Does that work for you? - Pikus

---