-   -   Save As "Error" Searching for idmxl8.xla Add In (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285286-save-error-searching-idmxl8-xla-add.html)

GregC

Save As "Error" Searching for idmxl8.xla Add In

When ever I try to save a XLS file. I receive a prompt
that states cannot find idmxl8.xla file. Either it does
not exist or is mispelled.

Bill Manville

GregC wrote:
When ever I try to save a XLS file. I receive a prompt
that states cannot find idmxl8.xla file. Either it does
not exist or is mispelled.

Seen that one before.
The idmxl8 add-in which you once ran took over the File / Save As menu
item but didn't have the courtesy to give it up when it finished.

View / Toolbars / Customise
Click the File menu
Right-click Save As
Click Assign Macro
Delete the macro name.
OK / Close

(or you could reset the Worksheet menu bar)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup