-   -   Changing the height of a commandbar control (edit box) at runtime (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285275-changing-height-commandbar-control-edit-box-runtime.html)

simon livings

Changing the height of a commandbar control (edit box) at runtime

Dear all,

I have a commandbar with a control edit box. At runtime I am adding the
Activecell's formula to the edit box and changing the width of the box
to accommodate its length. However, if the formula goes over a certain
length I would like to adjust the height of the control on the
commandbar (which is floating) so that the formula can fit more
appropriately.

I am not having much luck at the moment - can anyone gives me some
pointers? (I am starting to think this can't actually be done).

Thanks in advance,
Simon Livings

Bill Manville

Simon livings wrote:
(I am starting to think this can't actually be done).

I think you are right.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup