-   -   Range Acting Lke Control? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285271-range-acting-lke-control.html)

Phil Hageman[_3_]

Range Acting Lke Control?

Range C12:Z16 is merged, with typed text. Is it possible
to make this merged range operate the same as a forms
control button, such that if clicked on, the user is taken
to worksheet "Customer", Screen is sized (Zoom) to 62,
Cell "A1" selected? A forms control button is very
unsightly, and somewhat confusing - there are other
buttons working on the same screen.

Would the range, and text in the range, be created by code?

patrick molloy

Range Acting Lke Control?

Why don't you just set a hyperlink ?

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
Range C12:Z16 is merged, with typed text. Is it

possible
to make this merged range operate the same as a forms
control button, such that if clicked on, the user is

taken
to worksheet "Customer", Screen is sized (Zoom) to 62,
Cell "A1" selected? A forms control button is very
unsightly, and somewhat confusing - there are other
buttons working on the same screen.

Would the range, and text in the range, be created by

code?
.

Harald Staff

Range Acting Lke Control?

Hi

I suggest you make a hyperlink of the text (insert menu). Use the workbook
even
Workbook_SheetFollowHyperlink
if you need additional code running (like zoom)

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Phil Hageman" skrev i melding
Range C12:Z16 is merged, with typed text. Is it possible
to make this merged range operate the same as a forms
control button, such that if clicked on, the user is taken
to worksheet "Customer", Screen is sized (Zoom) to 62,
Cell "A1" selected? A forms control button is very
unsightly, and somewhat confusing - there are other
buttons working on the same screen.

Would the range, and text in the range, be created by code?

Jim Rech

Range Acting Lke Control?

You might consider adding a shape to the cell, perhaps a rectangle from the
Drawing toolbar. It can be formatted in many ways, and assigned a macro.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Dave Ramage[_3_]

Range Acting Lke Control?

Add this tot he worksheet module of the required worksheet
(right-clcik the worksheet tab an select View Code)

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange( _
ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address = "$C$12:$Z$16" Then
Sheets("Customer").Activate
Sheets("Customer").Range("a1").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 62

Note that this code will run every time the selection
changes on the worksheet, though this shouldn't slow
things down by any perceivable amount...

Cheers,
Dave

Range C12:Z16 is merged, with typed text. Is it possible
to make this merged range operate the same as a forms
control button, such that if clicked on, the user is

taken
to worksheet "Customer", Screen is sized (Zoom) to 62,
Cell "A1" selected? A forms control button is very
unsightly, and somewhat confusing - there are other
buttons working on the same screen.

Would the range, and text in the range, be created by

code?
.

Phil Hageman[_3_]

Hyperlink Code?

Good question - I tried this, but I need a particular
screen zoom and cell selection for an on-screen
presentation. Can I make the hyperlink zoom?
Range C12:Z16 is merged, with typed text. Is it

possible
to make this merged range operate the same as a forms
control button, such that if clicked on, the user is

taken
to worksheet "Customer", Screen is sized (Zoom) to 62,
Cell "A1" selected? A forms control button is very
unsightly, and somewhat confusing - there are other
buttons working on the same screen.

Would the range, and text in the range, be created by

code?
.

.

Phil Hageman[_3_]

FollowHyperlink Code

I'm not familiar with this. How would I do it?
[...]

Open the ThisWorkbook module. Paste this in:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetFollowHyperlink(ByVal _
Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
MsgBox Target.Name
End Sub

Test it. Once you know the prompted Target.Name, say "Go here", rewrite the
code to

Private Sub Workbook_SheetFollowHyperlink(ByVal _
Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
If Target.Name = "Go here" Then
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 60