-   -   X axis labels from a Data Source... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285243-x-axis-labels-data-source.html)

hb

X axis labels from a Data Source...

Hi everyone,

Banging my head on the table for a while trying to set the
labels on the X axis from a column in another Excel sheet
(from the same workbook) programatically from VB. I found
the corresponding method manually from the Chart Data menu
option, but got lost when trying the same thing from VB6.0.
Anyone has any ideas?!?

Cheers,

Bill Manville

Hb wrote:
trying to set the
labels on the X axis from a column in another Excel sheet
(from the same workbook) programatically from VB.

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = _
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Other").Range("A1:A10")

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

hb

X axis labels from a Data Source...

Thanks!
I was confused by the fact that some call these labels,
some call them values - never thought to look under
XValues!!!

Again, thanks.

.