-   -   Groups and Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285242-groups-protection.html)

Jay[_14_]

Groups and Protection

Hi All

I have code that generates a sheet with various groupings
on it. However since I want this sheet protected you are
not able to use the grouping buttons.

Short and Curlies :
Is it possible to use groups on a protected sheet?

Thanks heaps
Jay

Bill Manville

Groups and Protection

Jay wrote:
Is it possible to use groups on a protected sheet?

A worksheet has an EnableOutlining property
Make it true and you can use the grouping buttons.
The property is not saved with the workbook so you need to set it up on
opening the workbook and, bizarrely, set userinterfaceonly protection:

Sub Auto_Open()
With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("SHeet1")
.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
End With
End Sub

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup