-   -   formula problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285151-re-formula-problem.html)

Chip Pearson

formula problem

Libby,

You can just subtract one datetime value from another. In the
result cell, use a custom number format of [hh]:mm:ss .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Libby" wrote in message
Hiya folks

I had a spreadsheet with two columns. One column contained
dates, the other contained times.
I put the dates and times in one column, but if this can
be done without doing that, then feel free to post that
too :o)

What I need to do is to take one date/time away from
another to find out how many hours/mins/sec has elapsed
between the two

EG
12/Dec/2003 13:12 - 11/Dec/2003 09:50

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanking you
Libby

libby

formula problem

Hi Chip

I still can't get it to work

I've got 12/12/2003 09:00 in once cell and 11/12/2003
09:00 in the other
When I take the second away from the first I get 00:00:00
when it should tell me that 24 hrs has elapsed.
:o(

.