-   -   Copy and Find (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285050-copy-find.html)

mike

Copy and Find

Hi. I am relatively new to VB ...

Part of my subroutine needs to accomplish the following:

1. Copy the activecell in file1 to memory.
2. Go to file2 (already open) and search for and find the
same value.
3. Move down 1 cell from that location

Any help?

Thanks,
Mike.

Izar Arcturus

Copy and Find

Try this:

Memory1 = ActiveCell.Value
Workbooks(file2).Activate
Cells.Find(What:=Memory1, After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:= xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Select

You may want to change xlValues to xlFormulas if the Find
does not work. You also may want to change xlPart to
xlWhole if you start finding things that contain what you
are looking for but are not exactly the item you want.

.