-   -   Insert rows depending on entry in certain column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285045-insert-rows-depending-entry-certain-column.html)

Gareth[_3_]

Insert rows depending on entry in certain column

Columns F and P on my sheet contain data as below. What I need to do is
check each cell and decide if it has more than one 'entry', if it does then
insert a row beneath (for 2 entries insert 1 row, for 3 entries insert 2
rows, etc, etc).

'entries' are separated by a comma.

Column F Column P
DD1
GF2,JK4 GH,BN
HJ9 DR5,UU8
HK9
CV5,FG6 TY9

What I need to do then, if its possible, is to put the second/third/fourth
'entry' into the newly inserted rows (obviously without the comma's).

I had thought of using texttocolumns to sort out the date but wondered if
there was an easier way.

TIA

Gareth

Tom Ogilvy

Insert rows depending on entry in certain column

What version of excel?

Come up with anything yet?

Tom Ogilvy