-   -   Locate max value cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/285024-locate-max-value-cell.html)

Kevin

Locate max value cell

There is probably a simple way to do this, but I can't
find it. I need to locate the cell with the highest
value in a range, to dymanically build another named
range, based on that loaction. I need a function to
return the cell address so I can parse it and use it as
the reference in the offset function within my dynamic
named range.

thanx

kpd

Tom Ogilvy

Locate max value cell

=offset(A1,Match(max(A:A),A:A,0)-1,0,1,1)

If using offset, no reason to parse anything.

Tom Ogilvy