-   -   Excel VBA worksheet will not run different computer. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284956-excel-vba-worksheet-will-not-run-different-computer.html)

[email protected]

Excel VBA worksheet will not run different computer.

Hello All,

I have been developing program in Excel for a little over a year now
and this is the first time I have run into this problem.

I have program that runs fine on the computer it was written on and
a couple of other ones, but on some computers the code will not
compile. When the code doesn't compile the VBE opens up and displays
the alert:

Compile Error:

Can't find project or library.

After closing the window Format is highlighted in the following line
of code.

dtcurrentdate = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy")

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?

Any and all help will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

Colo

Excel VBA worksheet will not run different computer.

Hello,

In the VBA Editor, please select Tools References. Look for "Missing" next
to any references and then Deselect this.

--
Kind Regards
Colo

URL:http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/...astersLink.htm

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

wrote in message
om...
Hello All,

I have been developing program in Excel for a little over a year now
and this is the first time I have run into this problem.

I have program that runs fine on the computer it was written on and
a couple of other ones, but on some computers the code will not
compile. When the code doesn't compile the VBE opens up and displays
the alert:

Compile Error:

Can't find project or library.

After closing the window Format is highlighted in the following line
of code.

dtcurrentdate = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy")

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?

Any and all help will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

John Wilson

Excel VBA worksheet will not run different computer.

kfarmer330,

Are the computers running the same Excel versions?
On the ones that crash, when they crash, take a look at
Tools/References from the VBA editor and see if any
references are marked as "Missing".

If so, you may have to recode some of called objects
to "Late Binding" vs "Early Binding"

For a quick course on the above, take a look at this link:
http://tinyurl.com/yjmc

John

wrote in message
om...
Hello All,

I have been developing program in Excel for a little over a year now
and this is the first time I have run into this problem.

I have program that runs fine on the computer it was written on and
a couple of other ones, but on some computers the code will not
compile. When the code doesn't compile the VBE opens up and displays
the alert:

Compile Error:

Can't find project or library.

After closing the window Format is highlighted in the following line
of code.

dtcurrentdate = Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy")

Has anyone ever seen this problem before?

Any and all help will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

Pyball

Excel VBA worksheet will not run different computer.

Colo, John,

Thank you for your help. There was a missing reference. I deselecte
it and the program runs fine now

--
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com