-   -   Locking only certain cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284916-locking-only-certain-cells.html)

Michael[_20_]

Locking only certain cells

I have a spreadsheet for others to fill in some fields but I do not want them to be able to change or erase certain cells especially ones that I have formulas. Can I do this?

John Wilson

Locking only certain cells

Michael,

Select all the cells on the worksheet that you do want to allow editing in.
(One easy way is to hold the Ctrl key down and keep selecting them
with your mouse).
Then choose Format/Cells/Protection and uncheck the Locked" box.
Now protect the sheet (password optional)
Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet.

John