-   -   Can't call up floating macro toolbar-stop recording/relative ref. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284880-cant-call-up-floating-macro-toolbar-stop-recording-relative-ref.html)

tjohn176

Can't call up floating macro toolbar-stop recording/relative ref.

I start a macro or record a new macro, but the floating stop
recording/absolute-relative reference toolbar does not appear. I am
trying to write my first macros and am already lost. I have tried
maximizing/minimizing the windows; gone into the various toolbar
functions; looked on the main toolbars at the top of the window to see
if I accidentally moved it there; tried various combinations of keys to
try and call this toolbar back up; etc. Help! I'm running Excel 2002.

---
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Tom Ogilvy

Can't call up floating macro toolbar-stop recording/relative ref.

Start recording, then goto View =Toolbars and select Stop Recording. Now
click the stop recording button. Discard the recorded macro.

Now when you record it should appear. Don't close it using the X at the top
of the toolbar or you will have to repeat the above to get it back. Once
you stop recording, it will disappear automatically - you shouldn't need to
close it.

Tom Ogilvy

"tjohn176" wrote in message

I start a macro or record a new macro, but the floating stop
recording/absolute-relative reference toolbar does not appear. I am
trying to write my first macros and am already lost. I have tried
maximizing/minimizing the windows; gone into the various toolbar
functions; looked on the main toolbars at the top of the window to see
if I accidentally moved it there; tried various combinations of keys to
try and call this toolbar back up; etc. Help! I'm running Excel 2002.

---
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

tjohn176[_2_]

Can't call up floating macro toolbar-stop recording/relative ref.

I thought I had tried everything, but I guess not. It worked. Thank you
very much!!

---
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/