-   -   Experts kindly help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284848-experts-kindly-help.html)

courtesio99[_3_]

Experts kindly help

Can anyone help me with the following problem?

I have a dropdown list, e.g. with 4 options.
Each option is represented by a row of data below the cell with the
list, and each cell in each row is to be entered by the user. (That
means I have 4 rows of data.)

How do I unhide a certain row that is selected via the drop down list
whilst hiding the rest of the 3 rows?

Patrick Molloy[_15_]

Experts kindly help

not too sure about what you're asking for here. HAve you
tried an autofilter?

Can anyone help me with the following problem?

I have a dropdown list, e.g. with 4 options.
Each option is represented by a row of data below the

cell with the
list, and each cell in each row is to be entered by the

user. (That
means I have 4 rows of data.)

How do I unhide a certain row that is selected via the

drop down list
whilst hiding the rest of the 3 rows?

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by

step guide to creating financial statements
.

Tom Ogilvy

Experts kindly help

What kind of dropdown list. There are three:

Dropdown box from Forms toolbar
Combobox from Control Toolbox Toolbar
Data = Validation using the list option.

What version of Excel?

Tom Ogilvy

"courtesio99" wrote in message

Can anyone help me with the following problem?

I have a dropdown list, e.g. with 4 options.
Each option is represented by a row of data below the cell with the
list, and each cell in each row is to be entered by the user. (That
means I have 4 rows of data.)

How do I unhide a certain row that is selected via the drop down list
whilst hiding the rest of the 3 rows?

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to

creating financial statements

courtesio99[_4_]

Experts kindly help

I'm using a list via data validation. I'm sorry I know nuts about exce
programming.

Basically, I would appreciate it if someone can help code th
following..

if B1=1, hide rows 3-5, unhide row 2;
if B1=2, hide rows 2,4,5, unhide row 3;
if B1=3, hide rows 2,3,5, unhide row 4;