-   -   how automaticly print excel sheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284793-how-automaticly-print-excel-sheet.html)

Paul Robichaud

how automaticly print excel sheet.

How can I automaticly print a spreadsheet from another software calling
excel.

ie: in Dbase, If I type run(.t., "excel.exe"), it will load excel, but what
I would like to do is load the file and print it without human intervention.

would be something like this:
excel.exe/open"myfile.xls"/print it.
- it would launch excel, open myfile.xls, then print it. Hoping it will also
close automaticly.

I really hope you can help me with this one.

Thanking you in advance.

Paul

Jim Rech

how automaticly print excel sheet.

One way to do that is to use the Windows ShellExecute API call. This
essentially does the same thing as right-clicking an XLS file in Windows
Explorer and picking Print. I don't know what the dBase syntax is for
making API calls (or if it's supported at all) but this is how it could be
done from another app that supports VB like Word:

Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, _
ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, _
ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

Sub LaunchXLS()
ShellExecute 0, "Print", "c:\book1.xls", "", "C:\", 0

Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Paul Robichaud

how automaticly print excel sheet.

Do you have an example of a working one? even VB will do.

Thanks

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
One way to do that is to use the Windows ShellExecute API call. This
essentially does the same thing as right-clicking an XLS file in Windows
Explorer and picking Print. I don't know what the dBase syntax is for
making API calls (or if it's supported at all) but this is how it could be
done from another app that supports VB like Word:

Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, _
ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, _
ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

Sub LaunchXLS()
ShellExecute 0, "Print", "c:\book1.xls", "", "C:\", 0

Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Paul Robichaud

how automaticly print excel sheet.