-   -   Importing Multiple lines of text in a single Excel Cel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284791-importing-multiple-lines-text-single-excel-cel.html)

filmfatale

Importing Multiple lines of text in a single Excel Cel

I sell merchandise on ebay, and have been looking for a faster way t
list. What I do is take and Excel Data Source, and run a mail merge o
the html code i post on Ebay (via a 3rd party listing company). So, i
I have 50 data entries in Excel, I will generate the code utilizin
Mail Merge 50 times. This was the easy part.

My Problem is, that I am trying to take each instance of my html code
and trying to copy or import it into 1 Excel Cell. As you all ar
probably aware, utilizing the import utility will span across multipl
cells.

I would like to take my data, set some type of delimeter, and impor
all of my code into one cell, so I can upload easily and quickly.
would rather work on this for a few days, then list a bunch of item
slowly. There has to be a way of doing this. I am somewhat technical
but all I can really do in Excel is a couple of simple calculations.
Definitely not an expert! I have a sample text file, with 2 instance
of the HTML code. Help!! Best Regards, Natasha Cook

| Attachment filename: formletter.txt
|Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=376912

bdcrisp[_7_]

Importing Multiple lines of text in a single Excel Cel

this macro will open an html, copy each line into the A1 cell. - modif
this to include
your other html files

Sub gethtml()
fn = "c:\test.htm"
Open fn For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
Line Input #1, a
Cells(1, 1).Value = Cells(1, 1).Value + Chr$(13) + a
Loop
Close #1

End Su