-   -   Application Hangs Up Computer During Opening (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284753-application-hangs-up-computer-during-opening.html)

Bob C.

Application Hangs Up Computer During Opening

I have recently developed an application for generating reports in Microsoft Word from Microsoft Excel using OLE Automation and visual basic programming. Part of this development was done on my computer at home and my computer at work. Part way through the development process, a strange thing happened. One day when I tried to access the application from my office computer, it wouldn't open. Excel would stop running and I had to end the program using the Windows program manager. I could, however access and operate the application from any other computer in my office as well as from my home computer. The only computer affected was my office computer. Can anyone explain why this is happening? What can I do to fix it?