-   -   How to make paste FaceID disappear after API paste? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284723-how-make-paste-faceid-disappear-after-api-paste.html)

RB Smissaert

How to make paste FaceID disappear after API paste?

Using Excel 2002.
With the API function SetClipboardData and some other API functions it is
possible to get a variable to the clipboard and paste it. One little problem
is that I can't make the paste symbol or FaceID disappear that shows in the
sheet after a paste. Normally after a paste the escape key would do this.
Would there be any solution for this?
Thanks for any advice.

RBS

Vasant Nanavati

How to make paste FaceID disappear after API paste?

You can do it with APIs, but here's a simpler solution from Dana DeLouis:

Private Sub ClearClipboard()
Dim MyData As Object
Set MyData = New DataObject
MyData.SetText ""
MyData.PutInClipboard
End Sub

The clipboard is not technically cleared as it contains a null string, but
it should serve your purpose.

--

Vasant