-   -   Return ActiveX properties by means of a variable??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284706-return-activex-properties-means-variable.html)

true-blue

Return ActiveX properties by means of a variable???

Hi
I'm a hopeless beginner and have the following problem:

I'm trying to return properties of optionbuttons which are on a Excel
Worksheet by adressing them with varibles.
The Optionbuttons are Named "OptionButton1" etc.

This doesn't work:

ButtonCounter = 1
Do While ButtonCounter < 300
MyButton = "OptionButton" & ButtonCounter
If Sheets(3).MyButton.GroupName = ItemNo Then
Do something
End if
ButtonCounter = ButtonCounter + 3
Loop

I tried any syntax I could think of.

Can anybody tell me how I can return properties of an optionbutton
adressing it by means of an int variable

Tom Ogilvy

Return ActiveX properties by means of a variable???

Sub SetOption()
Dim obj As OLEObject
Dim oBtn As MSforms.OptionButton
For Each obj In Worksheets(3).OLEObjects
If TypeOf obj.Object Is MSforms.OptionButton Then
Set oBtn = obj.Object
If LCase(oBtn.GroupName) = "itemno" Then
oBtn.Value = False
Next

Tom Ogilvy

true-blue wrote in message
om...
Hi
I'm a hopeless beginner and have the following problem:

I'm trying to return properties of optionbuttons which are on a Excel
Worksheet by adressing them with varibles.
The Optionbuttons are Named "OptionButton1" etc.

This doesn't work:

ButtonCounter = 1
Do While ButtonCounter < 300
MyButton = "OptionButton" & ButtonCounter
If Sheets(3).MyButton.GroupName = ItemNo Then
Do something
End if
ButtonCounter = ButtonCounter + 3
Loop

I tried any syntax I could think of.

Can anybody tell me how I can return properties of an optionbutton
adressing it by means of an int variable

true-blue

Return ActiveX properties by means of a variable???

Thanx a lot Tom, that did the job!