-   -   Trying to select values in a column with blanks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284681-trying-select-values-column-blanks.html)

TBA[_2_]

Trying to select values in a column with blanks

Suppose in the range A1:A10 I have values that are the days of the week, but
cells A3 and A7 are blank. How do I write a VBA statement that will select
a range that includes all the values in column A (assuming there is no other
data in the worksheet)? I seem to remember there being an xlUp or xlDown
method, but I'm not sure of the syntax. If I'm not mistaken, there should
be a way to code it so that it will work for a list of any size.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-gk-

Vasant Nanavati

Trying to select values in a column with blanks

Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)).Select

--

Vasant

"TBA" wrote in message
Suppose in the range A1:A10 I have values that are the days of the week,

but
cells A3 and A7 are blank. How do I write a VBA statement that will

select
a range that includes all the values in column A (assuming there is no

other
data in the worksheet)? I seem to remember there being an xlUp or xlDown
method, but I'm not sure of the syntax. If I'm not mistaken, there should
be a way to code it so that it will work for a list of any size.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-gk-

TBA[_2_]

Trying to select values in a column with blanks

Vasant,

Thank you very much!

Now suppose on the same worksheet I have another list in column B, and this
list has blanks also. How would I then select just that list? I tried
manipulating the code in your reply to work for column B, but it ended up
selecting both lists.

As usual, all help greatly appreciated.

-gk-

"TBA" wrote in message
Suppose in the range A1:A10 I have values that are the days of the week,

but
cells A3 and A7 are blank. How do I write a VBA statement that will

select
a range that includes all the values in column A (assuming there is no

other
data in the worksheet)? I seem to remember there being an xlUp or

xlDown
method, but I'm not sure of the syntax. If I'm not mistaken, there

should
be a way to code it so that it will work for a list of any size.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-gk-

TBA[_2_]

Trying to select values in a column with blanks

Nevermind, got it! :)

-gk-