-   -   Forms (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284668-forms.html)

Kord

Forms

We use an excel 2000 form as an order form.

We enter the customer "bill to address" manually.

What is the best way to get excel to automatically fill
in the "bill to address" cells based on data entered in
a "customer number" cell.

We have a separate excel worksheet with "customer
numbers" and "bill to" data.

Thanks

Chris Leonard

Forms

We use an excel 2000 form as an order form.

We enter the customer "bill to address" manually.

What is the best way to get excel to automatically fill
in the "bill to address" cells based on data entered in
a "customer number" cell.

By cell do you mean an input box on the form ? If so you can use the
onChange event to trigger some code to look through a range in your customer
numbers work sheet and pull the address.

We have a separate excel worksheet with "customer
numbers" and "bill to" data.

Thanks

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Forms

Take a look at the =vlookup() worksheet function.

If your separate sheet is named CustomerData and your custnumbers are in column
A and the Bill-to address is in column B:

=if(c3="","",vlookup(c3,customerdata!a:b,2,false))

(if you put the customer number in C3.)

--

Dave Peterson