-   -   Help with setting up an Ordering system, please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/284653-help-setting-up-ordering-system-please.html)

Stuart[_5_]

Help with setting up an Ordering system, please

I would like to set up a facility to allow users to access
a MasterOrder, make their changes and save to a
directory of their choice, whilst also saving to a central
default folder.

I need to present the user with an unique Order number,
but if the user chooses to Cancel, then I need to reset to
the original Order number.

Here is what I have so far:

In the calling sub:

Sub GetNewOrder()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ChDrive "C"
ChDir "C:\BofQProject\VlnBofQ\"
Workbooks.Open FileName:= _
"C:\BofQProject\VlnBofQ\MasterOrder.xls"
End Sub

and in the ThisWorkbook module of "MasterOrder.xls":

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim i As Integer
With Workbooks("MasterOrder.xls").Worksheets("Master Order")
i = .Range("I3").Value
.Range("I3").Value = (i + 1) & " /"
End With

End Sub

A fundamental question, please:

Would I be better off creating a userform for this purpose?

Regards.

---

Vasant Nanavati

Help with setting up an Ordering system, please

Probably. That way the workbook won't get overwritten by mistake. There's
also less potential for the numbering system to get out of sync.

--

Vasant